BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Experience Arrow

Experience Arrow

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 11/09/2011 10:15:17
Overall Posts Rated:
It just a small think but there is no Arrow shown when the experience pops up. I think it would be easy to change!!

This Post:
201968.2 in reply to 201968.1
Date: 11/09/2011 12:09:11
Overall Posts Rated:
Agreed!

This Post:
201968.3 in reply to 201968.1
Date: 11/09/2011 14:08:19
Overall Posts Rated:
It just a small think but there is no Arrow shown when the experience pops up. I think it would be easy to change!!
Totaly right.

This Post:
201968.4 in reply to 201968.1
Date: 11/09/2011 15:06:16
Overall Posts Rated:
Agree with you, I've never understood why every skill has an arrow but experience.

This Post:
201968.5 in reply to 201968.4
Date: 11/09/2011 16:29:59
Overall Posts Rated:
Agree with you, I've never understood why every skill has an arrow but experience.

cause every skill have a specific time in the week, when the arrow comes and get removed, and they are many special cases , when you like to combine it with the game calculation to make it one week. It is not impossible to implement and you can find solutions without making it processing heavy, but the only thing you could use from the skill up arrow is the arrow symbol.

This Post:
201968.6 in reply to 201968.5
Date: 11/09/2011 17:04:58
Overall Posts Rated:

cause every skill have a specific time in the week, when the arrow comes and get removed, and they are many special cases , when you like to combine it with the game calculation to make it one week. It is not impossible to implement and you can find solutions without making it processing heavy, but the only thing you could use from the skill up arrow is the arrow symbol.
Nonsense.
It is exactly the difference between a periodic event (skills improved due to training) and an interupt event (experience skill).
When the experience is changed on the game do an additional action and add the "complicated" arrow to the apropriate places.

This Post:
201968.7 in reply to 201968.6
Date: 11/09/2011 17:24:50
Overall Posts Rated:

Nonsense.
It is exactly the difference between a periodic event (skills improved due to training) and an interupt event (experience skill).
When the experience is changed on the game do an additional action and add the "complicated" arrow to the apropriate places.

the tricky part is removing it again ;) And that have to work in another system, then the skill up.

This Post:
201968.8 in reply to 201968.1
Date: 11/09/2011 17:36:07
Overall Posts Rated:
We can't presume something is easy if we do not know the code. Training skill arrows pop at training and stay there before the next training happens. With experience, the pop happens during the game. We do not know how complex the training code is. What get's checked and how are arrows generated.
Game shape does not have an arrow aswell. Although it pops/drops at training. So there must be a different kind of calculation for it. Experience on the other hand does not have a drop at all. Perhaps game days are a huge strain on the servers and running that check, might not be optimal.
If needed, people might check for the pops manually, as you know, when the pop can occure. I check for exp pops after every training.
I think this suggestion has some merit though. If it is relativly easy to implement, it would be a good addition. What we need to thing about is, how long will the arrow stay? It pops after a game, get's removed after the next game (regardless if the player plays or not, because training arrows stay until the next training update)?

This Post:
201968.9 in reply to 201968.7
Date: 11/09/2011 17:52:11
Overall Posts Rated:

Nonsense.

the tricky part is removing it again ;) And that have to work in another system, then the skill up.

Setting a single event to be called after the requested time? It does not sound hard for me.

Basically, they probably go over all players once every week or something on a specific time.
What they will have to do in addition to current pop-up (and the suggested arrow addition) will be arrow-removal.

It is very simple, on any case.

This Post:
201968.10 in reply to 201968.9
Date: 11/09/2011 18:22:12
Overall Posts Rated:
It is very simple, on any case.

Pure facts again, as usual. Not a tiny bit of opinion at all. Pure facts, pure truth.

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, die Dummheit und das All...
This Post:
201968.11 in reply to 201968.9
Date: 11/09/2011 18:46:58
Overall Posts Rated:
in the training, you already go through all player to do such task. Else it is about organtionell effort(which cost space and might affect database speed and ability), or you check out most player every day(besides friday, and most sundays) for nothing which goes also on speed.

But yes it is not "so" difficult, and with a smart solution even not so server heavy - but it will work different then the training arrow which is my point. Since it was mentioned, why one think is already implemented and the other not, cause you simply can not take the code from the training arrow, for the xp arrow.