BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > International Competition

International Competition

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 02/07/2011 21:54:22
Overall Posts Rated:
I thought a thread to discuss the ongoing battles of the National teams would be enjoyable. Feel free to discuss a big upset, a dominating performance or even talk some friendly junk.

The link I am providing is for some incredible work done by a Canadian user. Bballin has spent a considerable amount of time writing up reports and predictions for alot of International contests. Also a huge shout out to Eminence Front as he has also taken on a area and is commited to these great writeup. Please take the time to drop by and acknowledge their great work.

http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/forum/read.aspx?thr...

Thanks and let the discussion begin...

Last edited by Mod-beanerz at 02/08/2011 07:59:54

This Post:
173944.2 in reply to 173944.1
Date: 02/08/2011 06:22:57
Overall Posts Rated:
yes a very great thread, i advertise then also on the german boards and give out some balls :)

And i like to thankr "Eminence Front" also, who also makes reports about some competions.

This Post:
173944.3 in reply to 173944.2
Date: 02/08/2011 08:04:46
Overall Posts Rated:
What would be really cool is if we could find someone willing to summarize the America's tournament. At this point BBallin is reporting on Europe and Emenince Front is reporting on Asia and Africa. That way we can have a complete review of the National tournament and hopefully increase the global interest in International games.

Any volunteers?

This Post:
173944.4 in reply to 173944.1
Date: 02/09/2011 00:27:22
Overall Posts Rated:
WOW. Thabks everybody. I never would of thought that this would end up being such a hit. Once again thanks everybody and let the discussions begin!!

This Post:
173944.5 in reply to 173944.4
Date: 02/09/2011 09:59:29
Overall Posts Rated:
Slovenija(53) at Ceska Rep.(26)
Slovenija has lost two in a row, but thats against the two teams they shouldn't beat. Ceska Rep. coming off a stunning loss at the hands of Cyprus, they TIE'd however and should have a bit of enthusiasm built up. I think Ceska Rep. will attack from the outside while Slovenija should probably go with an inside attack. My pick: Slovenija will get on track and win this one, close game though.

For u the win of the czech was an little surprised because you rate them at three in the group, but for me and the other team i think the stronger team won. Because the Czech are a special team, with a different concept then most others Nations.

The first thing you notice when look at their roster, is that they play without a "real" C and put PF on the C spot(i think 80+% of the nations do it the other way), but this multiskilled approach didn't stop there also the guards and SF coul switch their Positions.
At least is it for me one of the most intresting Nationalteams, besides the german one for me ;) And they are in our group, and together with France the biggest rival for the qualification of the next round so i liked to share my insight of them a bit, and i wish rwystyrk lot of succes with this concept especially against the France *gg

Last edited by CrazyEye at 02/09/2011 10:07:39

This Post:
173944.6 in reply to 173944.5
Date: 02/09/2011 15:26:10
Overall Posts Rated:
I have not really follwed the Czech team in the past, but after looking at some of their recent games and results. I must say I am impressed and will certainly be a follower from here on.

Do you think that their success is based on multi skilled builds or unique builds? Or perhaps they are drinking some sort of power juice?

This Post:
173944.7 in reply to 173944.6
Date: 02/09/2011 17:03:00
Overall Posts Rated:
I have not really follwed the Czech team in the past, but after looking at some of their recent games and results. I must say I am impressed and will certainly be a follower from here on.

Do you think that their success is based on multi skilled builds or unique builds? Or perhaps they are drinking some sort of power juice?

I think the Czech team really lack in the primary skills,so they aren't a top level Nt team;they win against the medium level team because with similar primary skills they have better secondaries because of the philosophy that czezh coach uses also for his club team,but they haven't any chance to make some big surprise,because the top teams have both primary and secondary skills to defeat them

This Post:
173944.8 in reply to 173944.7
Date: 02/09/2011 19:54:57
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree that the ratings they are creating will not have them beating any of the Worlds top teams. But the team appears to have a lack of talent(based on salary) but manages to be very competitive. It gives hope to all those that have spent so much time and effort on multi-skilled players.

How is Ghana's team BTW? It looks like you finally have a few players that are getting serious and dedicated training.

This Post:
173944.9 in reply to 173944.5
Date: 02/09/2011 21:18:24
Overall Posts Rated:
as I may have mentioned I am not very experienced with the international teams at all. I knew the basic powerhouses and that's about it. I didn't even know the format of the tournament. Either way I love to see this :P. Slovenija and Ceska Rep. Is a tough matchup to pick between,i thought that Slovenija had the advantage I guess I was wrong. By what you guys have been saying it sems Slovenijas minor advantage with primary skills wasn't enough to overcome their disadvantages at the secondary skills. I did pick Osterreich beating Crna Gora though!

I'd also like to note that I will most likely have very limited computer access this weekend and I may not be able to get the writeups done,but I will definitely try my hardest to get them done :P

This Post:
173944.10 in reply to 173944.9
Date: 02/10/2011 04:57:39
Overall Posts Rated:
as I may have mentioned I am not very experienced with the international teams at all. I knew the basic powerhouses and that's about it. I didn't even know the format of the tournament. Either way I love to see this :P. Slovenija and Ceska Rep. Is a tough matchup to pick between,i thought that Slovenija had the advantage I guess I was wrong. By what you guys have been saying it sems Slovenijas minor advantage with primary skills wasn't enough to overcome their disadvantages at the secondary skills. I did pick Osterreich beating Crna Gora though!

I'd also like to note that I will most likely have very limited computer access this weekend and I may not be able to get the writeups done,but I will definitely try my hardest to get them done :P

you can not know everything :) but you consider a lot for watching so many teams, and i just watch our group and the other ones only through your reports so i should be able to see more details in it and i also know rwystyrk a bit *gg

ABout Beamer question if they are so special i don't know, but i am quite sure that they also beat the big nations in the secondarys but yes the primarys are weaker - but they are a more serious competion then you think after the first view and afaik it is easier for rwystyrk ask for extra training for his guys.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 02/10/2011 04:59:42

This Post:
173944.11 in reply to 173944.9
Date: 02/10/2011 04:57:55
Overall Posts Rated:
The reason of why Slovenia has lost could be easier: (26712.393). Looks like their coach just accidentially has chosen wrong tactics.