BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > National teams features

National teams features

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 09/23/2010 19:23:54
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, its the first time i write here(suggesting) and i would like to share my ideas about national teams and all the things relacionated to their development.

I think we are arriving to a point on the NT's in general that its becoming ''more or less'' the same things season after season and if i do not remember wrong, the most important changes on NT's it was on season 6 when BB's introduced the u21 teams. During all this seasons i think we did not have any improvement on this area(apart from the little revenue on merchandising) and i would like to remember to all the BB communitty that NT's are a cool tool to keep the communities active. Just an example, I have to recognize sometimes i enjoyed more managing or watching the NT's than my own team.

Two seasons ago i suggested it on the wrong forum so now it think it is time to suggest that the NT's could have new features added. I am referring to introduce this:

- Averages tables of scoring-rebounding-assists on NT competitions like we do have league.

I dont think its a big challenge to introduce this new feature, it would be fun to watch at least the standings more than its now.

The second feature is a little bit more complicated and i have to recognize its a big challenge, but i think it could be an amazing improvement on the national teams area.

Nowadays, the allstar week is becoming really boring. During this seasons, i only watched at the begining 1-2 seasons, but there is no really fun and specially when you cannot vote for any player, so here it comes my idea:

Why not introducing a ''big'' allstar weekend with the national teams(i also include u21) where you can vote by position X player that should have a minimum requisites. It would be really fun one week before it comes the allstar that all the communitty on BB is voting for their favourite player to play the allstar.
I think we could divide the countrys in just 2 teams and do it at least 1 season when the regional tournaments take place or during the 2 seasons going on.

The only trouble would be how we divide the countrys, but it would become really interesting to have a great allstar with international players than having boring allstars. Also the 3-point competition would be more fun to watch to see who is the best 3point scorer :).

In any case what i would state is that adding some features will help the game in general, as I said the NT are a great tool to attract or keep the managers active on the communities. I do not know if that is a really hard work to do, but it could be one of the best improvements to enjoy a little bit more this game

PD: Feel free to post some feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Marot at 09/24/2010 05:18:27

This Post:
157796.2 in reply to 157796.1
Date: 09/23/2010 19:50:53
Overall Posts Rated:
very good ideas, I like them. :)

The only trouble would be how we divide the countries

My suggestion: All Great8 teams of a country vote for a team, all Big8 teams vote for the other one.

Last edited by Tuddu at 09/23/2010 19:51:01

This Post:
157796.3 in reply to 157796.1
Date: 09/23/2010 22:36:42
Overall Posts Rated:
Too much coding work for too little value added. The % of the BB community that would pay attention to this is not worth the time that could be devoted to other more important tasks like say the new tactics...good try though.

This Post:
157796.4 in reply to 157796.2
Date: 09/23/2010 22:45:30
Overall Posts Rated:
very good ideas, I like them. :)

The only trouble would be how we divide the countries

My suggestion: All Great8 teams of a country vote for a team, all Big8 teams vote for the other one.

i'm sorry, but i don't think it's a primary goal.

these proposal could be funny, but are not useful, in my opinion.

since there is the new game engine, i've noticed a lot of troubles. some of the worst examples, always in my opinion, are the effectiveness of look inside and the fouls's management.

i can't understand why if i attack motion my backcourt will averagely score with 35% a 3 point shoot and if i attack look inside they will score with 10%, while my frontcourt will averagely score with 50% wheter u look inside or u motion...
what's up? the 3 points line's distance is longer or shorter depending on my attack? the diameter of the basket will change depending on my attack?

i can't understand fouls's management too.

if a squad defends with a 2-3 defence against a run & gun attack ( or the opposite, if u defend 3-2 or 1-3-1 vs a look inside)
i would agree upon a lot of PF in a wrong tactical choose.

conversely, with this GE, a squad with a few fouls media could make 30 PF randomly, without a logic...

ps: siccome sei un LA, se trovi qualche errore correggilo pure, penso tu abbia colto il senso :P

This Post:
157796.5 in reply to 157796.1
Date: 09/24/2010 04:51:06
Overall Posts Rated:
Why not introducing a ''big'' allstar weekend with the national teams(i also include u21) where you can vote by position X player that should have a minimum requisites. It would be really fun one week before it comes the allstar that all the communitty on BB is voting for their favourite player to play the allstar.

I think this one would be really interesting if there would be any effect on merchandising profit for the rest of the season.

Imagine that the player which would be starter in that alsstargame thanks to a managersvoting, would get like 20k in advance on merchandising for his club or more... That would mean that owners of these players would be probably more active and try to propagate such players. Maybe NT managers would be forced to give to "most popular" players more opportunities during the games, maybe these players would be even more valuable despite theirs skills. Its like a real life.

Last edited by aigidios at 09/24/2010 04:51:54

This Post:
157796.6 in reply to 157796.5
Date: 09/24/2010 05:04:10
Overall Posts Rated:
This is getting ridiculous. Popularity over skills. What next, managers team who has the most "balls" in forums will play better? I know virus would like it:) I guess it's better to have a dumb suggestion than no suggestion at all...

This Post:
157796.7 in reply to 157796.3
Date: 09/24/2010 05:29:03
Overall Posts Rated:
Well maybe its true its not the time to do it in terms of BB work, anyway it's a suggestion.

Last edited by Marot at 09/24/2010 05:57:38

This Post:
157796.8 in reply to 157796.6
Date: 09/24/2010 05:49:40
Overall Posts Rated:
This is getting ridiculous. Popularity over skills. What next, managers team who has the most "balls" in forums will play better? I know virus would like it:) I guess it's better to have a dumb suggestion than no suggestion at all...

I think that popularity doesnt follow the skills lineary. Also is usuall that player who is published most, is getting most fans, its like political popularity. I dont see in this anything dumb like you say...

This Post:
157796.9 in reply to 157796.8
Date: 09/24/2010 07:20:22
Overall Posts Rated:
yeah but they getting better, just ebcause they are published more :)

And who published in BB? So we have people publishing their own players over the forum, to increase their value.

This Post:
157796.10 in reply to 157796.8
Date: 09/24/2010 07:39:15
Overall Posts Rated:
We already have a merchandising for your popularity purpose. We take two players with the same skills in one league. First player is a leader of a weak team and is among the league leaders because he get's more playing time and makes the biggest contribution in his team. The second player is a bench player for the strongest team in the league. He get's about 10 mins per game in league games. Although his skills are the same, he does not make the league leaders. Thus the first player sells more merchandise. Creating a system that makes Luke Walton a better player than Kobe on the floor just because everyone in LA loves his smile, is BS.

This Post:
157796.11 in reply to 157796.4
Date: 09/24/2010 08:03:32
Overall Posts Rated:
i'm sorry, but i don't think it's a primary goal.

these proposal could be funny, but are not useful, in my opinion.

Yes, it's funny and not really useful. so, what? :D

I mean, as there are problems to game engine, all funny suggestions should not be implemented? I think they're on two different tracks.

ps: I'm just a Language Administrator, I can't edit your post. NooooB! :P