BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Injury idea

Injury idea

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 09/12/2010 00:15:55
Overall Posts Rated:
I haven't completely checked the forums so maybe this has already been suggested.
I was thinking that when a player gets injured instead of just being out they would be able to play but depending on the level of doctor and the severity of the injury(determined by injury length most likely) his ratings or even actual skills would take a hit in the game. I think also that the training would be effected as well.

I mean for example if kobe bryant or michael jordan got injured and a big game or the playoffs was coming up they would try to do anything that they could to try play and give all that they can. This is something not implemented in Buzzerbeater.
I was also thinking that what type of injury it is could be added so if it is a hand or finger injury then basically everything besides stamina and defense would suffer, however, with a foot or toe injury then maybe just jump shot and defense would be effected.

Another thought would be that if the manager chooses to play the injured player than that player would heal slower than if the manager would have sat him.
i mean if my star player got injured for a week or so i'd probably still rather have him play injured then have my backup have to play major minmutes. I know some might say get a better backup,but sometimes financially its hard.

Comments?

Last edited by Bballin at 09/12/2010 19:58:13

This Post:
156614.2 in reply to 156614.1
Date: 09/12/2010 19:11:15
Overall Posts Rated:
Man, that is a wall of text. Your posts would be much easier to read if you'd break them up a bit

i mean if my star player got injured for a week or so i'd probably still rather have him play injured then have my backup have to play major minmutes. I know some might say get a better backup,but sometimes financially its hard.
Comments?

There's always the option of just keeping a better doctor on staff.

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
Keep your friend`s toast, and your enemy`s toaster.

This Post:
156614.3 in reply to 156614.2
Date: 09/15/2010 16:15:39
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
From the Game Manual under Staff regarding Doctors:
Taping Injuries: There is a small chance that a player's minor injury can be taped up immediately, and he will be able to return to the game at the start of the next quarter.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!

This Post:
156614.4 in reply to 156614.1
Date: 09/26/2010 19:56:08
Overall Posts Rated:
They have this in NBA Live where there are two types of injuries, incapacating where they can't play and disabling where they can play but their statistics are much reduced depending on the injury. I don't know if this is a good idea or not for BB, I'm not sure it is a big priority, but it would be more realistic.