BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Economy

Economy (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 07/19/2010 04:26:35
Overall Posts Rated:
Is there comming any changes soon? Couse it looks now, that economy starts to fail miserably and as I am supporter for as long as remember, I am concerned somwhat like a lot :)

This Post:
152075.2 in reply to 152075.1
Date: 07/19/2010 04:44:50
Overall Posts Rated:
Can you explain how economy is failing, from your point of view?

This Post:
152075.3 in reply to 152075.1
Date: 07/19/2010 04:53:30
Overall Posts Rated:
Can you explain why you open 2 threads for this question?

This Post:
152075.4 in reply to 152075.2
Date: 07/19/2010 05:33:56
Overall Posts Rated:
I think it isnt normal when a player trained for 2 seasons can be sold for 600k. I think it isnt normal when you can buy fully trained allstar player for 700k. I think it isnt normal when you cant buy starting C of pretty strong NT for 1.5M, just because practically only farms can keep him. We already are overhealmed by solid allstar players, which I think isnt healthy. The whole purpose of training aswell with economy I think is heading wrong direction.

This Post:
152075.5 in reply to 152075.3
Date: 07/19/2010 05:34:34
Overall Posts Rated:
Probably double send with browser.

This Post:
152075.6 in reply to 152075.1
Date: 07/19/2010 06:47:04
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah, I totally agree with you. Economy needs something fresh.
First of all, where's the point in buying perspective player for a huge price if there's no point in training him as National Team player? Only first league teams can keep players with big salaries, or.. farms in fourth or fifth leagues.
Secondly, price system really failed. Now no one want to sell their trainees for these funny prices.. You can buy more experienced, fully trained player for a half young future all-star player price.
So, my opinion about economy is: something has to be done..

This Post:
152075.7 in reply to 152075.6
Date: 07/19/2010 07:31:47
Overall Posts Rated:
actually, at this point even best teams with best economy cannot afford to keep the best players. and there is no point in that, cause couple extra skills wont make impact worth of extra 200k salary. we are reaching the point, when teams get somewhat similar players and they win at home and lose away, which ich is pretty boring

This Post:
152075.8 in reply to 152075.4
Date: 07/19/2010 12:14:34
Overall Posts Rated:
There is nothing wrong with the economy, just the value weight has shifted a little. I watch the market constantly (it helps me to report fishy transfers) and great players still sell for a lot. Perhaps people are getting smarter (with less money moving around they actually look what they are buying), you can't sell "JS only" players for the same amount that you would sell same salary all around player. I am absolutely sure you will get more from a fully (and evenly) trained allstar player than 700k. You are just pulling these numbers out of the hat.
What comes to these extreme salary NT players. That's just the side effect of farm teams. I think these players should not even exist as I think farming for one player is not playing to win, but everyone plays how they want to play (still I think most of the farming is done by experienced managers second account, hard to prove I know). But I do think that buying a 400k week salary player for 2-3mil is normal as they strain your economy more (with theyr high primarys and 5 atrocius skills), than a equally trained player.
Obviously this game has a salary limit, just like nba has the max limit on luxury tax. You can't have salarys over that. The best manager will be the one who can get the best players within that range, is the best tactician and can manage entusiasm. As BB's have stated the economy is near equlibrium, they are fine tuning it every season. When they feel the game has overfloated with good players, they just need to switch off the free agents and the prices will normalise.
At the moment perhaps you need to rethink your training strategy. If you want to make money perhaps you should buy that 20yo player with decent skills and train him for couple of seasons and then sell him for profit. I still think that evenly trained players get sold for a lot on the market. Every time I see one of them pop up at the market they go for 2mil+. The same salary JS, Driving players still linger on the market week after week, at the same starting price of 1,2mil or so. People are getting smarter and are spending on overall value of the player not just 1-3 skills.
I think any team should consist of 5 SF's with different skill weightings depending on the position you want him to play.

Last edited by Kukoc at 07/19/2010 12:21:02

This Post:
152075.9 in reply to 152075.8
Date: 07/19/2010 13:12:16
Overall Posts Rated:
Yawn

The economy has nose-dived and faster than threads in global being locked down.. the lifetime supporter might as well be for the first person that can buy an U25 triple sensational for less than 1 mil.... least the prize would be given away sooner rather than later.

When 3,000 managers leave every week and 3,000 enter (approx figures) I'd imagine this is demonstrating the game is failing to keep the newest sign ups... why? well the english help forum is desolate considering the number of new sign ups. (ok so the sticky threads help but you have to imagine they'd be more questions that should be being asked) - medium term managers may even be basing there decision on whether to stick with the game based on their early experiences. If they have trained for 3-4 seasons and now barely cover costs when they come to sell, who would blame them for being disheartened and moving on?

I know its all relative and you dont need to preach to the converted - but elongated transfer fees ranging from 3-12million is far healthier than the 1-7 which the market has plummeted to in recent times. I'll await your mumbo jumbo response.

This Post:
152075.10 in reply to 152075.9
Date: 07/19/2010 13:54:27
Overall Posts Rated:
Nice post Superfly, it sums up my feelings exactly.

The one thing I do not like about these relativistic arguments: if you sold players last season or the season before and just kept your money, you would be in a very good situation right now. And if the game is about to experience some sort of boom, and you can somehow manage to predict it, it is probably a very good time to become a day trader.

I do not like it when you can make money by predicting market trends. This game is already too market driven in my opinion. Of course, maybe I am biased, I have never really been good at playing the BB market.

I also hate the fact that the changes have pretty much destroyed training profits. One of my favorite parts of the game used to be training players to make money.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
152075.11 in reply to 152075.9
Date: 07/19/2010 14:58:43
Overall Posts Rated:
You can yawn all you like, but we all know who get's hit the most with transfer prices being between 1-7mil rather than 3-12mil. The day (week) traders and to me that is a great thing. With lower transfer prices, you take a bigger risk with buying low and trying to sell high. Paying salary for those odd weeks of trying to transfer the player and paying tax on the sell.
There will always be enthusiastic new comers and leavers (whether they never planned to play, failed to understand or got bored). There are people who can't handle defeat, thus stop playing the game when they relegate from the 1-st div (where they had been since season 3). Why? Because they could not compete with managers that are playing exactly the same game with exactly the same rules. Some can adapt, some can't.
What exactly are people training players for? Selling??? They should train for theyr own team, you can't expect to train JS for 5 players and sell them now for huge profits. If you have done that, then obviously you have made the wrong choise. Now on the other hand, if you have trained 5 players to keep (spread out skills evenly) you can keep 2-3 of those as starters and sell 2 of them to buy 2 similarly skilled players to those 2 positions that need filling. If the selling prices are down then obviously the buying prices are down aswell. So you still get your moneys worth.
What do you propose, raise the income of teams? What do we gain? Everyones income raises -> thus making the top teams even harder target to catch up (for a fresh starting team)? No! We are moving in the right direction.
Like I have stated before, I watch the transfer list a lot. I do not day trade (just because I do not feel daytrading is good for the game and has really no place in basketball) and think we need more restricions to that, but it seems to be a strategy BB's would like to keep, so I have learned to deal with it.
So that's my mumbo jumbo responce.

Last edited by Kukoc at 07/19/2010 16:12:31