BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Cyprus > Latest Interview with Steve Makis

Latest Interview with Steve Makis

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 03/22/2010 17:38:13
Overall Posts Rated:
Here is the latest interview with your very own Steve Makis!

1. What are your expectations of season 12 regarding the U21 and the NT?

U21 is a weaker team than last 2 seasons. We have only a few really interesting players like Mastroyiannis and Zigouris between outside players, Dimidou as perimetrical SF and Kostantaras and Prezes on the paint. I hope that we try to do the best (3rd or 4th place). For NT I hope to reach finally a place between first 32 teams on BB Consolation Round. I hope to have Kaikas in a good game shape and we introduce Fasoulis and Yiannakakos on the paint. We have to see outside, where we need with Papanikos and Kakarnakis more defense... we will see...

2. Will there be any changes in the game tactics? Can we benefit from the new talents?

I always change my idea at the last minute, so I don't know if I will play Run and Gun, or Look Inside, or Princeton or what else 30 minutes before the start of the match!
There is some new talents, but there isn't a "revolution" for NT.

3. Do you think the Cyprus managers work enough with young Cypriot talents? Are there any ideas to improve this even more?

No, the work is not still good... only a few managers are able to grow some players and mainly are on the top and they need great players to be competitive for the championship and we lose the attention for younger cypriot players... Users of II or some user of I should be more focused on training and learn how improve his team.
I'd like to introduce a "scout coaching"... so how to be a "scout" for NT.

4. From your experience do the outside managers do a better work than Cypriot managers regarding the NT and U21 players?

Well... there are more interesting/talented/skilled outside players than inside... we face a really hard way to create big men to fight against BB power National Teams.

And there you have it. One to one with Steve Makis!!!

This Post:
135986.2 in reply to 135986.1
Date: 03/22/2010 17:41:12
Overall Posts Rated:
For everyone who wanna ask for his pupil about next season I will be happy to answer here.

Thanks to Pistoleros for his work on the community

This Post:
135986.3 in reply to 135986.2
Date: 03/23/2010 15:10:32
Overall Posts Rated:
Steve I was wondering if there are any new talents from the draft worthy of training. I mean are there any future giants from the new draft? I hope this draft is better than last year. Has any manager contacted you regarding his new draft? Correct me if I am wrong but I tend to believe that the U21 is worse than last year and I feel worried.

This Post:
135986.4 in reply to 135986.3
Date: 03/23/2010 15:25:33
Overall Posts Rated:
Steve I was wondering if there are any new talents from the draft worthy of training. I mean are there any future giants from the new draft? I hope this draft is better than last year. Has any manager contacted you regarding his new draft? Correct me if I am wrong but I tend to believe that the U21 is worse than last year and I feel worried.

Yes it's worst... when I came here I can recruit and dismiss many players for create a good players community and I didn't care about enthusiasm for National Team... after two seasons I saw a growth of these players and I prefered to focus on results about National Team... if local community doesn't work for at least 15.20 people, it will be hard to have a good u21 team every season.

I still have to check the draft, I'm ill, I ended to recruit and dismisss 254 players of the data base, after that tonight I will check for new draftees and after that I will post rankings and drafted players included on the data base

This Post:
135986.5 in reply to 135986.4
Date: 03/23/2010 16:27:34
Overall Posts Rated:
And this is why ladies and gentlemen Steve is considered the number one coach for our NT. If we put aside his excellent coaching tactics, his sensational ability to find new talents and give advises in respect of training, what I like and respect the most about him is that fact that he cares. And he really cares. Endless hours searching and scouting, advising to benefit the Cyprus community and not only the NT. I dont know who you people believe that should be the NT coach but surely Steve Makis is the signature of our NT and so he will remain to me even when he leaves.
These is nothing else to say other than to show this person the respect he deserves.

Well done Steve, excellent work, phenomenal. Keep it up!

Last edited by Pistoleros at 03/23/2010 16:29:06