New Transfer system

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 2/20/2010 6:55:08 AM
Kentauroi Cholargou
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Dear all i would like to propose a new way for transfers.
I believe the current transfer system favors predominately the financially strong teams to get even stronger.
For instance when there is Transfer Price Estimate: Very few players like ..... have been transferred recently. the transfer fee can go ridiculously high, favoring ONLY those teams that can afford to buy, and in some cases(unfortunately) favors money transfers between teams of the same owner.
What am suggesting could shift a bit the power among teams, create new strong,competitive teams and make the game even more exciting.
New Transfer System:
1) all players MUST have a MIN AND MAX Transfer Price Estimate.

2) the player once the owner decides that he is for sale, should be visible online in the transfer list for-lets say 2 days- BUT only the skills and stats should be available to be seen.

3) the game machine will give an opening date AND exact time when the player will be available for sale

4) there should be an option( if someone wants,to pay the MAXIMUM Transfer Price) to be able to secure the player on the spot!!!

All the above means that any team that are online, quick and have performed a good scouting on the transfer list the previous days, will have an equal chance to bit for the player without getting ripped off!!!!.

This is an idea that if is backed up by your comments can improve the current transfer system in order to be more accurate, fair and entertaining

Waiting for your feedback,

Regards

This Post:
132153.2 in reply to 132153.1
Date: 2/20/2010 10:11:43 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Its an open market and the prices vary from the period of the season. Lets say at the begging of the season, young trainable players are going sky high, but after 4-5 weeks the prices tend to drop. Trying to that means that we have to check thousand players and put those numbers something that cant be done. Everyone of us have deferent point of view for how much a player worths.

TPE is not the bible of transfers. From the experience you can understand when a player is overpriced or not.

Weekly salary: $ 43 554

DMI: 219000

Game Shape: strong

Jump Shot: sensational Jump Range: proficient
Outside Def.: sensational Handling: prolific
Driving: prolific Passing: proficient
Inside Shot: sensational Inside Def.: sensational
Rebounding: prominent Shot Blocking: average
Stamina: proficient Free Throw: proficient

You have this player and it says: Transfer Price Estimate: There have been 12 recent transfers of 25-26 year old power forwards with sensational inside shot and allstar potential. **** is probably better than all 12 of these players, but the few that are most similar have been selling for around $ 2 450 000 to $ 4 950 000.

Do you really believe that this player worth only 5M?

This Post:
132153.3 in reply to 132153.2
Date: 2/20/2010 10:18:13 AM
Kentauroi Cholargou
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
again the question is how many teams can easily afford 5m.....?

the BB community has more than 50.000 users, but the the really good players join only a few selected hundred teams that can afford salary and transfer fee...

if it would be feasible in a way to monitor and categorise players to a max transfer fee while their salary continue to increase...
wouldnt that make a more competitive game since more users would have access to the top players...?

This Post:
132153.4 in reply to 132153.3
Date: 2/20/2010 10:26:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i don't think so, because you remove the competion about for the top players, and make training good players pointless because they don't give more money at some point.

This Post:
132153.5 in reply to 132153.1
Date: 2/20/2010 10:28:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi

1) all players MUST have a MIN AND MAX Transfer Price Estimate.

Well, From time to time, given estimations just make me smile.
So I suppose that if there would also estims when BBs have not enough fresh data, it would be even worse
So even more if you propose that it would become limits for bids.
I really don't agree.

* However, this estims a good things ; For one deceiving estim, there are at least 5 that are fine.

2) the player once the owner decides that he is for sale, should be visible online in the transfer list for-lets say 2 days- BUT only the skills and stats should be available to be seen.

I agree ! But int he world of BB, this is almost a scandale to make such a proposition, because among active managers so much are fond of keeping secret what their players look like.
However, normally, when you see playing a Lebron James of a young player from your town, you know what he is worth.
So, I find that it is a true good proposal because it would permit to expand this so short amount of time of the transfer in order to learn that there is one, and to prepare that transfer.
How many time haven't I have seen a player that I would have truly wished to get, a period when I really needed a best player.
But... because when we find one like this, you already know that if you put en the TL you player that will be substitued for this new one, you won't get all the money before the end of the one that interests you.
So with this proposition it would become possible !
For the moment, What occurs ? More arranged transfers. Players put to 50M just in order to inform everyone that he is to be sold, etc.

4) there should be an option( if someone wants,to pay the MAXIMUM Transfer Price) to be able to secure the player on the spot!!!

i don't get it.
You mean, the first one that would pay this maximum price would bethe one the get the player ???
If so, problems of little and big markets linked to GM time would develop even more and arranged transfer would be secured too.
Well, it would also permit to have to make true deals such as IRL for transfers, what it would sound nice, but the price to pay seems too high.

Last edited by Dunker Joe at 2/20/2010 10:29:04 AM

BBF, le forum francophone : = (http://buzzerbeaterfrance.forumpro.fr/)
This Post:
132153.6 in reply to 132153.5
Date: 2/20/2010 10:38:10 AM
Kentauroi Cholargou
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you all for your time and responses

the competition is way limited....just check all your national leagues and you will find the same old teams winning the trophies and these are the only ones able to fulfill big tranfers....

In Greece for instance (and taking in credit what an amazing job as a manager asingratitos does...) NOONE can truly put a good game against him, and NOONE can match his transfers either.

I just thought IF there would be a realistic way of controling the MAX transfer fee (lets say if the total points of skills are up to 70= 2M, 80points=4M etc) wouldnt that open the market a bit more...?

as far as it concerns your last comment Dunker Joe regarding "problems of little and big markets linked to GM time" i wasnt aware there were any and thank you for your remark

This Post:
132153.7 in reply to 132153.6
Date: 2/20/2010 10:42:36 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
the competition is way limited....just check all your national leagues and you will find the same old teams winning the trophies and these are the only ones able to fulfill big tranfers....

that have more the reason, that winning gives you way more money, and that in the begin you earn every league a lot money becomes incomme was mcuh higher then the expenseses. With expenses close to the limits, the competion gets closer and the teams who aren't ready for it still earn a lot, and could catch up(normally also the top teams starts loosing away, because you need a much stronger rooster to win without hca)

This Post:
132153.8 in reply to 132153.7
Date: 2/20/2010 10:54:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
With expenses close to the limits, the competion gets closer and the teams who aren't ready for it still earn a lot

In the 1st division such as your, yes, not below.

I'm in a good D3, it's my second season in D3.
I'm gonna finish 7th of my conf because level is already high in my conf and level between teams close.
I just earn 90k every week with a salary mass equal to the average of my division.

i'll have to wait season 14 to finish my trainees and, to begin to have a luck to play the PO final.
If then I don't win, 'ill have to sell one my best trainee because i won't be able to support salaries, and therefore I'll have to wait again in order to have a luck to stay in D2.

For this time, just compare to what those in D2 can earn and buy, and even more in D1...

The truth is that if you don't want to be relegated immediately you can't earn a lot because level is high for those who arrive, unless you prepare yourself for many many seasons.
There is the difference between those who can really afford good transfers and others.

Last edited by Dunker Joe at 2/20/2010 10:59:59 AM

BBF, le forum francophone : = (http://buzzerbeaterfrance.forumpro.fr/)
This Post:
132153.9 in reply to 132153.1
Date: 2/21/2010 5:10:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
There is a problem in the game with the price of good players. its not the transfer list system, the system is fine. The problem is as BB-Charles said in one of the other posts is that 70% or 80% of the managers are not training good young players correctly so there are not enough good players to go around.

Once a good player comes up on the market there is too many people bidding on the one player

to fix the problem of the ridiculous prices players on the transfer list, we need to educate a lot more managers on how to train properly and create better players. Overtime there will be more managers selling better players on the market and with more good players on the market the players will not be as highly priced as there will be more to pick from.

the only problem we face is how to educate so many managers on how to train good young players correctly and we will not feel the effects for at least 4 or 5 seasons until good players start turning over.

This Post:
132153.10 in reply to 132153.9
Date: 2/21/2010 5:20:20 AM
Kentauroi Cholargou
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
i see what you mean, by looking at your transfers....You buy more expensive than you sell....

the thing is that there is no same approach on all players...
i must insist that there should be a min and max estimate on ALL players....
ii ve got in my team players that i wouldnt spent more than 50.000 to buy but they dont have an estimate transfer fee, thus i could sell them as high as possible....

the current open market will only favors those few selected who can afford to spend huge amount of money(which they only gain after a few weeks in the game,while you my friend will have to wait-as you said- 4-5 seasons....)

But this is how the world goes round .... rich getting richer :)))))

This Post:
132153.11 in reply to 132153.10
Date: 2/21/2010 6:30:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

i must insist that there should be a min and max estimate on ALL players....

That's right,but the assesment of the player should be not a limit in the price of an auction itself,but in a correct assesment of the players from the "Transfer Price Estimate".It gives unexistent,wrong or too variable price to a player,so some users try to "use" on it to make large profits,against newbies,distorting transfer prices

And the development of the market,depends mainly from the economic global system of the game,and there's a thread in BB-Global English with over 400 post where you can find the reasons why there are strong distortions in the distribution of the money in the game,and consequentely,there are distorsions in the market
I think that all the modifications regarding the market system,should start from a review of the economic system