BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Transfer market

Transfer market

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 02/19/2010 10:05:56
Overall Posts Rated:
As we all see what is happening in the transfer market for now, i would like to discuss about that.

Many of BB managers are talking about too high prices in the market and maybe this discussion will make think about some changes to be in the future.

I understand prices for multiskilled players, let it be, 5M+ $ ir fairly enough for them. As we see for now, most of multiskilled players starting prices are about some 6M+ and even more. I havent seen that even some 1/15 of them are really selled, maybe even less. Market is full with non buyable players. Those big transfers are for world top clubs.

An now let's take a look to the real problem in the market.

I understand that everyone wants to earn more money from transfers, but most of the prices which are asked for them, are without any norm. Calculate prices/skills is even impossible, as we all know, there are a lot of reasons why. So, if similar players ar selled fot 4,5-5,5 M, depending on demand, online users, and so on...there are a lot of managers who are asking 6M for those players who really costs those market average 4,5-5,5M. Ofcourse those players are not selled, I call those trasfers "smart catch". Sometimes one player steps to the market 4 and more times with the same price, untill manager reduce starting price. In this part looks like +/- 1M for trasfer is normal fact.

And now the most strange side of trasfers. Players with only few good skills are with starting price 2M+

Example: 22y.o SG, JS8, JR7, all other skills are below 6 and even 4. And guess, what is the price, correct - it's 1,5M :)
So looks like that with one training after draft i can earn 1,5M? :) amazing! This is just one example, but the funniest that market is full with "smart catchers". If we got for this moment in the market 80 SG players with salary 30k +/week so let's see how fast sell/buy price grows. From those 80 SG, 20 players starts with 3,5+M and 60 players with 5,5+M. Ofcourse managers will start "fighting" for those 20 players... Demand is greater than offer, because we got not 80 SG but 20 real... price players...

My advise how to make market better. Withhold taxes from not selled players,% depending from starting price.

P.S. Sorry for my english :))
Good luck :)

Last edited by smaidigais at 02/19/2010 10:07:39

This Post:
132079.2 in reply to 132079.1
Date: 02/19/2010 22:20:01
Overall Posts Rated:
I love your idea on how to make the market better. I support it 100% and would love to get a BB respond.

I think it is a great idea to tax players that aren't sold. the amount of tax should be a percentage of the starting price. That will completely discourage people that are bored so they just decide to transfer list one of their players at immense prices.

This Post:
132079.3 in reply to 132079.2
Date: 02/20/2010 04:40:25
Overall Posts Rated:
I totally agree with you
Particularly about player players with a few skills.
looks like they just wait you to make a mistake by clicking on the button.

Everything that can be done to prevent cheating on the tranqfer market should be done.

Well, sometimes, very good players are also put very high in the market in order to warn everyone that he can be transferred if there are good propositions.
These ones are not part of the problem, but I suppose that they have to do as everyone else and just exepct that their player leave at the right price, and that those interested have the money at that moment.

BBF, le forum francophone : = (http://buzzerbeaterfrance.forumpro.fr/)
This Post:
132079.4 in reply to 132079.3
Date: 02/20/2010 06:28:01
Overall Posts Rated:
I support the tax on non-sold players too. It would make people think twice about listing above market (speculating), and as bonus would provide the BB's another way to take money out of the economy (by adjusting the tax). I suggest you suggest it in the suggestions forum.

This Post:
132079.5 in reply to 132079.1
Date: 02/20/2010 06:45:12
Overall Posts Rated:
I think the market is in a state of change. Money is not being spent and people are not selling at the correct prices.

Until the market is settled a little bit more the BBs are not likely to introduce something that wil drive prices higher again

Creator of (http://www.buzzerbeaterstats.com) and (http://www.buzzerbeaternews.com/) -- Ex GM of Australia -- Division 1 winner of Italy Season 1 then moved team to Australia after the country was created by the BBs. Australian team manager for 2 seasons. Won various tournaments and division 1 titles in the following seasons.
This Post:
132079.6 in reply to 132079.2
Date: 02/20/2010 07:15:02
Overall Posts Rated:

I think it is a great idea to tax players that aren't sold. the amount of tax should be a percentage of the starting price. That will completely discourage people that are bored so they just decide to transfer list one of their players at immense prices.

wow this is a great idea. I love it too. I see so many way overpriced players and that makes looking for normally priced players so much harder to do. I dont think they will implement this. sorry to be negative, but i feel the rate they fix problems or implement great ideas is extremely slow. example ppl loging out all the time, we have finally found the cause for this and can reproduce the problem and still noone has replied to our findings on the bug forum.

This Post:
132079.7 in reply to 132079.5
Date: 02/20/2010 07:26:09
Overall Posts Rated:
the guys are saying exactly the oposite. they dont want the prices to go up or meassures that drive prices up they want the prices to go down. and their idea will bring prices down.

I can show you numerous players that are being way over priced. some off these players have been on the market for months. teams dont really want to sell for a fair price, like some people said they are trying to make an unfair amount off profit.

in my opinion there are 2 reasons why this is wrong and killing the transfer market.

1.this is being done by the same players, over and over again. off course without fees they will keep doing this and at some point sell. cashing in big money and than spending it on the top top top players that are out there. taking out the majority off the money from the TL, because most off the money will be in the hands off these very few players.

2.like the guy mentioned that started this post. the people that arent doing this practise are people that are looking for and only can afford the 20 players or so from the 80 listed with a fair price. this means the price on these 20 will be driven up too. normally not a problem, but with 60 players listed with a too high transfer price this does cause a problem.

I do hope they will do something about this, because looking on the TL is a very unpleasant experience in BB. But I know as well, that this wont happen, because whole communities will complain and treaten to stop their supportership and because there are many more important things that need to be fixed, like always being logged out and the match viewer problems we have had thelast 3 game days...

This Post:
132079.8 in reply to 132079.6
Date: 02/20/2010 07:26:38
Overall Posts Rated:

Hope BB don´t hit the market again, the pices are stabilized now.

This Post:
132079.9 in reply to 132079.1
Date: 02/20/2010 07:27:41
Overall Posts Rated:
i would suggest to put this post on the suggestion forums and i will reply to it, saying i support your idea.

This Post:
132079.10 in reply to 132079.7
Date: 02/20/2010 07:59:26
Overall Posts Rated:
To just go over my point a bit more. I wasn't referring to what they wanted I was saying what would be more likely to happen.

This measure wouldn't drive the prices down it will reduce the number of players on the transfer market, which from my experience drives the prices up.

If the BBs are going to consider a revised version of this it is more likely to be something that favours people starting bidding at a low price and punishing those who set a high price.

For example:

Team 1 posts Player 3 to the Transfer market at $500,000. Player 3 has a 97% sale profit.
Player 3 gets sold for $1,000,000

Team 2 posts Player 4 to the Transfer market at $0. Player 4 has a 97% sale profit
Player 4 gets sold for $1,000,000

If the sales profit percentage is used as an upfront tax instead of a final tax we would see the following:
Team 1 pays $15,000 tax
Team 2 pays $0 tax

Currently the teams would both pay $30,000

But yes this is starting to be a suggestion. So we should move this discussion to the Suggestion Forum

Creator of (http://www.buzzerbeaterstats.com) and (http://www.buzzerbeaternews.com/) -- Ex GM of Australia -- Division 1 winner of Italy Season 1 then moved team to Australia after the country was created by the BBs. Australian team manager for 2 seasons. Won various tournaments and division 1 titles in the following seasons.
This Post:
132079.11 in reply to 132079.10
Date: 02/20/2010 09:34:27
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't get it.

The idea of this tax only refers to player that are not sold.
Therefore for your 2 examples, there would be no more tax than the 3% already existing.

On the contrary, if both would not be sold, there would be a tax :

- over the Player 3 (and why not only if the price is not btewwen the BB estimation. Right now, it would not be necssarily good because Bb estims are not everytime fair, but with this suggestion, prices would become more fair and BB-estims too).

- And not more tax for the player for 4 than the one already existing.

This is more à preventive tax than an executive tax, according to what I understood

Last edited by Dunker Joe at 02/20/2010 09:37:14

BBF, le forum francophone : = (http://buzzerbeaterfrance.forumpro.fr/)