BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Scrimmage-Ads Italian Forum

Scrimmage-Ads Italian Forum (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 02/07/2010 18:51:17
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi all, Global Community, Mods, Gms and BBs.

I personally don't like what happens today on our forum. We decide, as Italian Community, to leave Ads-Thread and Scrimmage-Thread open on our BB-Italy Forum even if BBs delete these from Global-Forum introducing scrimmage and player ads system. We don't like it... I say "we", not because I'm mad, but because the majority of Italian community think that this new introducing system was useless.

We prefere ads and scrimmages threads on BB-Italy Forum, we'd like to continue like that, we want to be free by this point of view. It's not a problem for the game, it doesn't allow us to win more BBB, to have more money, to have bigger arenas or what else... it just allow us a more practice and smart way to grow as community, to find scrimmages, to find players, to help new people on understanding easily the game.

I don't like the censorship, so I would like that my post would be read and understood. We want to be free on doing this... Ads and Scrimmage option on "manage my team" is not a "rule", this is an idea, an option you gave us, we thank you for this options, but we'are not interested, we on our own on BB-Italy forum threads since season 1... we won't use your "option" forcedly and we won't to be ignored, because we'are not against the rules of conduct you gave to all BB-users, so please let re-open our Scrimmage and Ads threads.

Thank you so much

This Post:
130835.3 in reply to 130835.2
Date: 02/07/2010 20:24:41
Overall Posts Rated:
I basically think that if well moderated and if every user make what has to be done the old ads system is much more useful than the new one. You talk bout fines and bans that several times are used by GMs but let me say that they only apply the rules: bumping, posting over and over the same player, these things are against the forum's rules so they must be punished.

In the other hand you try to avoid those facts by introducing this new system (that personally I don't like, but I'm only trying to make a constructive discussion that want to go above what I like and what I dislike :P). I think that those communities who want to continue "on the old road" of the ads-thread should be able to do that (of course by a good system of moderators that I think is well represented by our Italian Mod and GMs for example), while those who like the new system should close the old ads-thread and start to join "this new road".

I'd also like to point out another thing regarding what you've said:

I'd like to start by just reminding everybody that we actually studied this before we banned transfer ads in the forums and found that posting an ad in the forums about your transfer-listed player DID NOT make the sale price go up.

if this is real, and I think it is, I even more don't see the problem of let the thread open.

PS: sack by the Saints, go guys! :P

This Post:
130835.6 in reply to 130835.5
Date: 02/07/2010 23:31:10
Overall Posts Rated:
They could just post a sticky with a link to some off-site forums and then post transfer ads/police themselves there? Seems like a win-win.

This Post:
130835.8 in reply to 130835.6
Date: 02/08/2010 00:02:40
Overall Posts Rated:
It seems like we a few things we can safely declare as facts:

- Many people like posting ads on the forums

- Many people do not like the current ads system

- The people in charge of moderating the forums are against ads in forums due to the fact that they cause a ton of moderating work above and beyond the usual moderating

How does the following compromise work:

We create a forum that is designed to be for nothing but transfer, scrimmage, and PL ads? This would be largely unmoderated for content other than for things that aren't allowed anywhere (referral links, profanity, that kind of thing). You could use bold, underline, post in whatever language, post multiple times, who cares? It'd be a place where you can advertise to your heart's content without actually getting in the way of the rest of the normal forum business.

That way would be fair to all countries, would not be a strain on our moderators, and gives you freedom to aggressively market your players, scrimmages, and PLs.

What do you guys think?

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live

To: Edju
This Post:
130835.9 in reply to 130835.8
Date: 02/08/2010 03:29:57