BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Ability suggestion - Temper

Ability suggestion - Temper (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 02/07/2010 05:07:50
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello fellow Buzzers!

I saw a game last night in which two disqualifying fouls were called.
One fighting foul and one by 2x technical fouls.
Both of the players that now had to leave the stadium were very high in temper. Good defense players but with a lot of rough play.

So this made me think. What if temper could be an ability on BuzzerBeater!?

My suggestion is as follows:
The temper ability has five (5) levels.
Completely Numb (1)
Calm (2)
Stable (3) (currently all BB-players are stable)
(Can’t think of any good name atm) (4)
Ferocious (5)

I know that there can be improvements of the actual names of the different levels but it’s just so that we can discuss the subject.

So what does the temper affect?

Again, my suggestion is as follows:

i.e. High temper (4-5) makes the player a better pressure player but he will eventually foul more. The higher temper also makes the player a slightly better driver, rebounder, etc. when things are going his way, but a worse player when things aren’t going that good.
High temper also causes players to act before thinking. i.e. Taking an unfocused shot.

Players with lower temper (1-2) take more focused decisions, when to shoot, pass, etc. They can work under pressure and will more rarely get foul troubles.

So why add another skill/ability?
In my opinion it is the many different ways to combine skills and abilities to get the perfect player for the job that makes BB such an incredible fun game. And by adding another ability the numbers of combinations increase.
I started this thread so that we can discuss the temper ability and I want your opinions and improvements on the subject. And I hope that the BB-team might take this into consideration!

Please tell me what you think of my suggestion and if you have any improvements or comments please share them!

-PP

This Post:
130751.2 in reply to 130751.1
Date: 02/07/2010 06:00:32
Overall Posts Rated:
Wrong forum. Try Suggestions instead

This Post:
130751.3 in reply to 130751.2
Date: 02/07/2010 07:38:06
Totwart
III.15
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Furabolos
Wrong forum. Try Suggestions instead

That's it (/community/forum/read.aspx?thread=10098&m=145)