Help - English > Time Managing

Time Managing

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 11/21/2009 18:44:34
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi guys
I want to learn a bit about time managing & I will appreciate if you can share your experience with me ...
When I play Strictly Follow depth chart if the game is an easy one & I am up a lot at the end of the 3rd quarter the coach will play with the backups in the 4th quarter & at the end of the game my starters have 26 min & the backup have 22 min.
but if the next match is a little more competitive then the coach will not use the backups for the whole 4th quarter .....
I am a little confused here I want to know what do you guys do in order to have 3 players over 48 min at the end of the week for the best training?
Thanks in advance

This Post:
119427.2 in reply to 119427.1
Date: 11/21/2009 19:16:03
Aussie Pride
ABBL
Overall Posts Rated:
How many positions are u training? 2 position training u should be able to get 4 players over 48 minutes quite easily and most weeks 5. It might involve playing players for full games especially in the scrimmage. I always use strictly follow depth chart.

Last edited by aussie dude at 11/21/2009 19:17:03

This Post:
119427.3 in reply to 119427.2
Date: 11/21/2009 19:54:24
Overall Posts Rated:
I've been getting 5 players full training every week with 2 position training and I'm "letting coach decide". If you have players that can do multiple positions it shouldn't be too hard

This Post:
119427.4 in reply to 119427.1
Date: 11/21/2009 21:22:19
Overall Posts Rated:
When you select your starters (especially when using Strictly Follow) you are telling the coach the players who should have priority; however in a game where you are ahead by 20pts at the end of the 3rd period your coach will sit all of your starters. The coach does not consider overall weekly minutes when setting his court rotations.

In games I think will be easier I often rotate my starters and bench players, but for my team it has been effectively using the scrimmage matches each week. If you have three players to play/train in one position you have a number of options such as:

(Starter and Bench)

Game 1: Player A Player B
Game 2: Player B Player C
Game 3: Player C Player A

Game 1: Player A Player B
Game 2: Player B Player A
Game 3: Player C Player C

Game 1: Player A Player A
Game 2: Player B Player B
Game 3: Player C Player C

NB I would only use the last option if I was only concerned about training minutes...I am not sure how effective it would be in actually consistently getting results. The big thing is using your scrimmage effectively. I had to get out of the mind set of needing to win those and simply use them to manage minutes.

Another big factor is the difference in ability between your trainees...I had a few problems last season as I had two players in my training group that were significantly better than the rest. During games where I let the coach decide those two would play significantly more minutes than the rest. This season my players have levelled out a little bit and it has been easier to manage minutes.

I hope that I am not completely off the mark in offering this advice!

This Post:
119427.5 in reply to 119427.4
Date: 11/21/2009 22:25:53
Overall Posts Rated:
For three position training I put in one player at the position at all three roster spots (starter, back up, reserve) and only dress nine players (all eight of the other players have a spot on both sub and reserve in addition in the starters being in the starting place) and I play strictly follow and let them play. I very rarely have problems getting them the minutes they need to get full training, but when I do I make sure that my main trainee is trained before the scrimmage so I can put him in as back up in the scrimmage to push him over 48 if there was an issue.

You run the risk of not choosing your sub if the trainee gets injured, but it's a risk you need to take to try to maximize training.

It's easy to get five players full minutes on two position training (and you can do six if you don't prioritize winning), but it can be helpful in all circumstances to slow down the pace of the game if you are likely to blow out the other team (or get blown out), so you can delay the coach going to the bench when the score gets high.

This Post:
119427.6 in reply to 119427.1
Date: 11/22/2009 09:35:34
Overall Posts Rated:
When I play Strictly Follow depth chart if the game is an easy one & I am up a lot at the end of the 3rd quarter the coach will play with the backups in the 4th quarter & at the end of the game my starters have 26 min & the backup have 22 min.
but if the next match is a little more competitive then the coach will not use the backups for the whole 4th quarter .....

for this i like to schedule scrimamges against team, i could easily beat ;) So in this case i could use the blowout to get 12 minutes fpor my backups, or such distribution like you have on that game.

Also it is posssible to play alway with 8/9 players, and let your trainees play the full minutes.