BuzzerBeater Forums

Bugs, bugs, bugs > Ghost player bug and more.

Ghost player bug and more. (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 11/14/2009 21:59:59
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok here is the last minute of play of my latest match.

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/match/15506252/reportmatch.as...)

A few interesting things.

The first one, 3 of my players get called for fouls within 4 seconds. Now this might not be a bug really, I guess it's possible. But maybe this can be looked at because it's a bit unfair and unlikely to happen.

Second, my SG Stephen Brunet gets involved and gets an assist. It's credited in the in-game box score but not in the final box-score. He actually didn't enter the game but made the assist from the bench apparently.

Also my PF, Garud Nagappan fouls out which is fine, it happens. Now here's what may or may not be a bug. One of my PG's (Filippe Abramo) is subbed in. Shouldn't another PF be subbed in or maybe even a C?

This Post:
118816.2 in reply to 118816.1
Date: 11/14/2009 22:22:43
Overall Posts Rated:
The first one, 3 of my players get called for fouls within 4 seconds. Now this might not be a bug really, I guess it's possible. But maybe this can be looked at because it's a bit unfair and unlikely to happen.

When your team is behind, your players make fouls with about 1 minutes to go so that the other team gets into the bonus. That's definitely not a bug -- the idea is to foul, hope for missed free throws and try three-pointers at the other end.

You can argue that it's not implemented correctly, since you only need 1 foul in the last 2 minutes to send yourself into penalty (regardless of how many team fouls you have up to then), but it's certainly working as intended.

Also my PF, Garud Nagappan fouls out which is fine, it happens. Now here's what may or may not be a bug. One of my PG's (Filippe Abramo) is subbed in. Shouldn't another PF be subbed in or maybe even a C?

The AI subbed the player who would perform best at the position. This is just a suggested position anyhow.

Second, my SG Stephen Brunet gets involved and gets an assist. It's credited in the in-game box score but not in the final box-score. He actually didn't enter the game but made the assist from the bench apparently.

The box score typically shows the correct information for a game. There are still occasional presentational bugs with the match viewer.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."