BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > End Of the Year Awards

End Of the Year Awards

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/26/2009 10:08:05
Overall Posts Rated:
I think that BuzzerBeater would be even greater if players can get end of the year awards... Because there is already MVP..
I think you guys should add

Rookie Of the Year

Defensive Player Of the Year

Sixth Man

All Great 8 & Big 8 1st Team & 2nd Team

Manager Of the Year

Most Improved Player Of The Year

Its sound like alot of work but overall it would definitely bring more people into BuzzerBeater... It would make it, so that Team Owners would be more Interested in the game... If these were added into BuzzerBeater,it would bring more fans to your team and People like me would be raving about it... I love this site but I believe it should get even better...

Last edited by Q-Law at 10/26/2009 10:14:50

This Post:
116878.2 in reply to 116878.1
Date: 10/26/2009 10:33:21
Overall Posts Rated:
Rookie Of the Year

That doesn't make sense, because unlike the reality, there's no starting spot for a rookie. They have to improve first.

Yes, that could be possible.

Sixth Man

For an optimal way you should rotate for the training. And because of that there's no real sixth man in the game.

Sounds nice.

Manager Of the Year

But what should the criteria be?

Hmm...

This Post:
116878.3 in reply to 116878.2
Date: 10/26/2009 10:49:22
Overall Posts Rated:
I like your idea.

Also, I think any number 1 spots in League, Div, Country, World at the end of season should be added in player history (if number 1 in world it would not need league, div or country and so on). And when I mention player history: What about All Star? What position and what season.

Any team chooses how much time and in what games a rookie starts, so I don't see a problem with rookie of the year. According to how well the rookie have performed in comparison to other rookies in his league/division/country he could get a price. I don't see any problem with that.

Most Improved player however, could be both hard to determine what grounds this should be based upon (highest skill raise?, Total skillraise?) Also, this may be something a manager wants to keep hidden unless he train to sell.

This Post:
116878.4 in reply to 116878.2
Date: 10/26/2009 13:01:00
Overall Posts Rated:
Rookie Of the Year

I think this could be achieved... especially to those teams who play them as starter... Div. III~V teams could be highly motivated on this award. (IMO)

It's possible...

Sixth Man

This could be hard...

For me, the all star rosters could mesh up in this... I always look at the all-star rosters as conference first and second teams.

Manager Of the Year

criterias could be acquisitions made in a season and sums up their accomplishments for the team.

could this be like "rookie of the year" for 21-28 year old players?

Also, I hope there would be awards like these for the whole BuzzerBeater Global, and for each country... I think that would be cool, don't you think?

This Post:
116878.5 in reply to 116878.4
Date: 10/26/2009 16:21:46
Overall Posts Rated:
The issue is that there would be major problems with who would be eligible for what award. For example who exactly is a rookie and who is not?

I would rather see changes which were announced for this season to be applied first.

This Post:
116878.6 in reply to 116878.5
Date: 10/26/2009 16:55:27
Overall Posts Rated:
I would like it if the rookie award just applied to the latest draft. Then it would be a different player every season.

We shouldn't stop suggesting things that may ultimately lead to an even better product. The reason most of us come with suggestions is that we love the game and want it to appeal to as many as possible. We are well aware that the BB's have limited resources and although we lobby for our ideas, we know it may take some time for them to be realized, if ever. Neither should we wait to suggest thing until everything have catched up. I am sure the BB's have delegated work in a sensible fashion so that someone work on bugs, some on development, some on public relations and so on. Perhaps they need a break from that routine. Then they can visit the suggestion forum and hopefully get inspiration and a reminder of why they do what they do, and that they have a big fanbase that loves them for it Go BB's! (Yeah, I am a dedicated BB groupie and proud of it)

Last edited by Svett Sleik (U21-Scout Norge) at 10/26/2009 17:08:47

This Post:
116878.7 in reply to 116878.6
Date: 10/26/2009 18:22:04
Overall Posts Rated:
I would like it if the rookie award just applied to the latest draft. Then it would be a different player every season.

There is a problem that there would be no such a player by the end of season in some leagues. Or just one winning by default shich is probably even worse. Define latest draft - is it just 48 palyers drafted in the league or players drafted elsewhere and bought meanwhile before the end of season (minum games played could apply)? Those are things which I would like suggesters think about before posting and tried to suggest better suggestion. As simple as that.

This Post:
116878.8 in reply to 116878.7
Date: 10/26/2009 19:18:17
Overall Posts Rated:
I think it should be latest draft by season, no matter where they are drafted. So if there should happen to be some leagues where everyone have sold or fired their draftees and no one have bought some from other teams (highly unlikely), then there simply would be no rookie of the year for that league. Minimum games is a good idea to emphasize use of their draftees if they want to go for the rookie award. Executed in the same matter as ratings for supporters. If this would mean that the strongest teams does not get to play their rookies because it would ruin their winning streak, so be it, this is a choice made by the manager and could make it more fun for the teams that choose to play them although they are or perhaps ends up as the underdog.

Those are things which I would like suggesters think about before posting and tried to suggest better suggestion. As simple as that.
Part of a suggestion and the process one gets by making a link is getting other views and refining the idea, exploring the pros and cons, and ultimately ending up with a viable solution on how it could be done. So far it has been 3 posts with positive attitudes and constructive critisism towards the idea and 1 against one portion of the original idea, with constuctive critisism in your second post. I don't see this idea as not thought through. Maybe not all aspects is clear, but that's what we should find out together, right? As an addition to the whole award idea, I think this should be just for flair, with no actual effect on merchandise/gate receipts and so on. The only effect would be a greater depth to the game and the player, a stronger bond between the manager and his team and possibly, but not definitely, percieved value of the player.

This Post:
116878.9 in reply to 116878.8
Date: 10/27/2009 08:52:25
Overall Posts Rated:
Part of a suggestion and the process one gets by making a link is getting other views and refining the idea, exploring the pros and cons, and ultimately ending up with a viable solution on how it could be done. So far it has been 3 posts with positive attitudes and constructive critisism towards the idea and 1 against one portion of the original idea, with constuctive critisism in your second post. I don't see this idea as not thought through. Maybe not all aspects is clear, but that's what we should find out together, right? As an addition to the whole award idea, I think this should be just for flair, with no actual effect on merchandise/gate receipts and so on. The only effect would be a greater depth to the game and the player, a stronger bond between the manager and his team and possibly, but not definitely, percieved value of the player.

This particular sugestion aside, it would be ncie if more suggestion would be decent from first post not just with "hey-what-about-this!-I_think-it-is-a-really-good-idea"ish approach:)

This Post:
116878.10 in reply to 116878.9
Date: 10/27/2009 09:35:18
Overall Posts Rated:
Sure. You could make a suggestion ;)

This Post:
116878.11 in reply to 116878.10
Date: 10/27/2009 09:43:04
Overall Posts Rated:
Everything is pretty much ok right now (to soem extent). :)